The Psychiatric Registered Nurse position is responsible as a member of the interdisciplinary team for the assessment and care of patients in their residents. As appropriate, interact with external sources to foster business-related relationships and increase business, by performing marketing duties as necessary.
• Minimum of an Associates degree or equivalent in Nursing from an accredited nursing program.
• Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in Ohio.
• This position is required to maintain CEUs per state regulations. Psychiatrically trained nurses are certified nurses who have special training and/or experience beyond the standard curriculum required for a Registered Nurse. Minimum of 1-2 years of nursing experience in a psych hospital, community mental health, or home health, working with psychiatric patients required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of general nursing theory and practice is required.
• Acceptable background check, valid Ohio driver's license, personal liability insurance, and driving record which allows candidates to be covered by agency insurance policy required.
Also must possess all of the following: a sincere desire to provide service and support to persons in need; the ability to make sound judgments when given guidance and priorities; the ability to work as a team member to maintain consistency and quality in services; the ability to coordinate patient care services; and the ability to exchange support, constructive criticism and ideas with other staff members. Previous supervisory/management experience is preferred. The RN must possess positive interpersonal skills and must work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors, demonstrating a supportive attitude.
ViaQuest Home Health is a Medicare Home Health Agency that offers comprehensive services including skilled services prescribed by a physician and overseen by a Registered Nurse Case Manager, as well as non-skilled services that are performed by certified home health aides.
ViaQuest was founded in 1999 with the sole purpose of becoming the Provider of Choice in the healthcare industry. With over 1,500 employees located in 19 counties throughout Ohio and Pennsylvania, ViaQuest has the scale and stability of a large company yet the commitment to local relationships found in a small company. Each ViaQuest location has an Executive Director with the resources and authority to deliver the customer service you demand and if desired or needed, the founder and owner, Rich Johnson, is just one phone call away. Furthermore, each ViaQuest location is only a three hour drive from the home office in Dublin, Ohio. Big Company resources with small company relationships!
Working at ViaQuest is a challenging, rewarding, and fun proposition. The management team at ViaQuest has created a unique culture that enables each employee to passionately pursue the goals of our company. We work hard. We work smart. And when it's time to play, we can do that with the best of them. ViaQuest encourages its team to use their strengths, build on their weaknesses, and have fun doing it. The camaraderie that has been generated is unmatched in the health care industry.